(I don’t know if I am going about this in the right way – I’m not very good with following the rules! LOL but I think I have the gist of it – accept and display your award, thank the person that nominated you, answer some questions and nominate your own bloggers for the award!) OK…
So here it is, the moment you have been waiting for – drum roll please maestro…
My acceptance speech…
Oh my Goodness – I want to thank the amazing Patrick O’Scheen –http://patrickoscheen.wordpress.com/ for nominating me for ‘The Versatile Blogger Award’ apparently when he nominated me he said he was “Jealous of my abilities!” LOL – What? Patrick is a brilliant writer and artist in his own right and a Facebook friend who is a fellow lover of cats and dragons – cheers Mate for the notice! 😉
I would also like to thank Gina Marie of ‘Virtual Iridescence’ – http://iridescently.wordpress.com/2013/05/11/blog-awards-version-3-0/ for nominating me for the ‘Sunshine Award’ and the ‘Word-press Family Award’. She said about me – “Here is a UK poet and artist whose output never ceases to amaze me” – Wow! Thanks Gina, coming from you that’s pretty awesome and I don’t hold a candle to Gina, she is an outstanding blogger and writer and her blog is SO AWESOME that when I visit it I just don’t know where to start because she has so many amazing posts, all just so interesting and informative! I will continue to read her blog in total awe! Thank you Gina for noticing my little corner of the Word-Press World.
I am relatively new to blogging. It took me an age after starting my blog to catch on to how things work (as it usually does in my life) but once I got the hang of it; I have found it to be a really refreshing experience. Now, I love the internet – I am pretty much a loner, I enjoy my own company, I don’t go out very much and I enjoy social networking like Facebook and Twitter – but I am discovering that Word-press is now my ‘favourite internet sport’ LOL. I just love browsing amongst the colourful blogs of artists, writers, poets, dancers, waiters on a break posting observations…LOL
I started realizing that, here is a community of interesting people who all have something to say and I want to say my piece too. OK, so my posts aren’t daily observations of life, they are usually related to my pursuit of a career in writing and in that sense my posts are targeted at fellow Word-pressers in the hopes that they will discover my voice and love it so much that they will buy my books…but hey! It’s a platform that has led ME to other AMAZING bloggers all trying to do the same thing – basically be noticed! – and it does work. Do you know what I have noticed? YOU! Yes you…if you are reading this and you like it or leave a comment, you can be absolutely sure that I will now come and visit your blog and realise how amazing you are too – you ARE AMAZING and I LOVE YOU – so watch out ‘cos you might end up with a nomination too…
OK so Patrick says I have to say 7 things about me…
- I am an awesome single Mother of 3 beautiful, talented, amazing daughters, Ellenor, Shannon and Alice who are the lights of my life, my reason for living and my little muses all ❤ ❤ ❤
- I am a complete Sci-fi /fantasy geekess who loves nothing more than to get lost in another world – and yes I am a bit of a Trekkie too and the new Star Trek film in 3D was AWESOME…:D
- I love music and I can play the clarinet, although I don’t own one at the moment because I sold it to buy one of my daughters’ instruments – they are all playing instruments because I believe music to be as important as breathing. I mess around on the keyboard too – yes as-well-as the computer keyboard LOL
- I love to paint and I try to do this usually in acrylics when I am inspired to do so.
- I am fascinated with the UFO phenomenon and may post some articles to that effect in the future.
- I am very into dreams – see my stuff on that subject – I also hope to post more on that soon.
- My favourite food is roast lamb (don’t know why I mentioned that – must be because it is Sunday and I’m hungry LOL).
Now to the best bit – I am basically nominating the following people for all 3 awards and, (yes I AM re-nominating those who nominated me, don’t know if you are allowed to do that but you already know about me and sticking to the rules…)
- Patrick O’Scheen – http://patrickoscheen.wordpress.com/ – for being a crazy fantasy fellow lover of dragons and cats! ❤
- Gina Marie (Virtual Iridescence) – http://iridescently.wordpress.com/ – for being the most versatile and amazing blogger ever, full of sunshine and definitely the perfect blog sister for anyone in the Word-press family.
- Cheryl Moore (Stories and Poems) and (Unbound Boxes Limping gods) – http://cherylmoorestoriesandpoems.wordpress.com/ and http://cherylmoore.wordpress.com/ – Cheryl’s blog (Unbound Boxes Limping gods) is the first ever blog I followed. I know of Cheryl’s work because of Facebook and she is an incredible writer, artist and blogger with both an interesting voice and keen eye for the details.
- Alexey Markovich (Bright Moments Catcher) and my favourite bit (Bzebza’s Adventures – which has inspired my 8 year old daughter to start a blog for her teddies!) – http://markovicharts.com/category/bzebza/ – I just love Alexey’s daily photos, especially his photos of the little ladybird Bzebza! He has a great eye for a story!
- Eric Alagan (Falen Grace and other works) – http://ericalagan.net/fallen-grace/ – Another amazingly versatile blogger, writer and poet who has talent oozing from every pore.
- Barbara C Rowe Author – http://barbaracroweauthor.wordpress.com/about/ – prolific writer of…everything – love her voice J
- Busy mind thinking – http://busymindthinking.com/ – Inspiring! I just love her poetry and once again, she just has so much going on in her blog that I never know where to start because it is all just so awesome!
- Seonaid (Breath of Green Air) – http://breathofgreenair.wordpress.com/ – Amazing! Amazing! Amazing! Psychotherapist, philosopher, photographer and capturer of the soul of life – beautiful, beautiful blog.
- Writings of a Mrs – http://writingsofamrs.wordpress.com/about/ – beautiful poetry, snippets of inspirational thoughts, a really lovely blog.
- Stephanie Burton (Theatrical Eastbourne) – http://theatricaleastbourne.blogspot.co.uk/ – Love this blog – I discovered Stephanie’s blog on my home town’s amazing art scene when she came across me Twittering my Poetry Marathon Month LOL – bless her, she wanted me to write an article about it – so cool! She is amazing. The amount of work that goes into her blog is mind boggling.
- Ricky Schaede- http://rickyschaedewrites.wordpress.com/ – Ricky is another one of my fabulous fantasy writing friends from Facebook and was the very first person to comment on my blog – in actual fact he is the inspiration for my very first blog post – thanks to Ricky I am now blogging and loving it!
- All about Manners – http://allaboutmanners.wordpress.com/ – I just love this blog – a little light in a world of darkness J
- Break Room Stories – http://breakroomstories.com/category/stories/ – I just love it when I check my email and there’s a new post from this blog. They are usually funny little insights into a waiter’s wacky world – just an ordinary guy having a moan on his break – brilliant!
- Retireediary – http://retireediary.wordpress.com/2012/04/21/koh-samui-islands-hopping/ – Love this guy and his blog is just Awesome! Amazing photos! Very jealous of the sights he has seen and I just love all he has to share! J
- Yoshiko – http://zyoshiko.wordpress.com/ – just a lovely Spirit filled lady, a blog of simple wisdom led by Faith and passion.
13th May 2013
Oh my goodness I’m on a roll. I have been nominated for a Liebster award. I am posting this here and also on my blog.
Liebster is a german word that apparently means – sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Awwwwww! How cute is that?
Thank you sooooo much Ann http://imusthavelostmymarbles.wordpress.com/ for nominating me for this most Awesome blog award (blushing – a lot!!!)
Apparently these are the rules
- Thank the blog that has given you the award.
- Answer the questions that the tagger set for you.
- Choose 11 people (who have less than 200 readers) and link them in your post.
- Create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer
- Go to their page and tell them.
These are the questions that the lovely Ann set for me…
1. What or Who inspired you to start a blog?
A lovely young man called Ricky Schaede who is a fellow writer who I met via Facebook. I read his blog and was so inspired I decided to start one myself.
2. What is the one thing you have always wanted to do?
I have always wanted to go to Egypt and visit the Great pyramids. I unfortunately have never had the finances to do so – Oh well! There’s still time!
3. What is the best book you have read recently?
I think by far the best book I have read in the last couple of years out of the huge number and vastly different subject matters is “Sophie’s World” by Jostein Gaarder. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sophies-World-Novel-History-Philosophy/dp/1857992911/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368456115&sr=8-1&keywords=sophie%27s+world+jostein+gaarder
4. What annoys you the most?
People who are ignorant and intolerant of disabilities that are not clearly evident, especially when it comes to children with autism or ADHD or adults with invisible disabilities.
5. Your favourite blog?
Well, it has to be my little girl’s photo blog at the moment. She’s only just started it and it’s soooo cute! She’s only 8 http://alicecrean.wordpress.com/me/
6. What is the best and the worst thing about blogging?
The best thing about blogging is being able to share my love of writing, art and poetry and hopefully inspiring some people in the process. The worse thing about blogging is that it is very addictive LOL and can be time consuming!
7. What is your favourite TV show at the moment?
I want to be able to say Doctor Who because it is my all-time favourite series – however – this season is very disappointing. So my favourite programme at the moment has to be Elementary with Johny Lee Miller and Lucy Lieu.
8. What can you not live without?
9. Name one skill that you wish you had?
The skill of Public Speaking
10. What is the high of your day?
My children coming home from school and telling me about the highs of their day
11. Chocolate or Vanilla?
Most definitely chocolate
My nominations are
1. Hikari Yori and team at http://daylighttune.wordpress.com/
2. Victoria at http://thewritingsbyvictoria.wordpress.com/
3. James Spruell at http://thepoetsheart.com/
4. Nancy Wait at http://wordpress.com/#!/read/blog/id/18706847/
5. Gary Trotman at http://steelasophical.wordpress.com/
6. Dewey Dirks at http://questioningway.wordpress.com/
7. Raven Dane at http://ravendanefantasyauthor.wordpress.com/
8. Talitha K. McEachin at http://conservativeintrospection.wordpress.com/
9. Aris Lisvacor at http://intothemindofthewriter.wordpress.com/about/
10. Catherine Wolffe at http://catherinewolffe.wordpress.com/about/
11. Diana Rozevskis at http://diana-rozevskis.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/crafted-with-love-and-care.html#comment-form (I know Diana hasn’t got a WordPress blog but she so deserves this award anyway!)
my questions for you are…
- What do you live for?
- Who inspires you the most and why?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What is your favourite genre of fiction?
- What is your all-time favourite Movie and why?
- What is your favourite blog and why?
- Do you have any pets?
- Biggest lesson you’ve learnt in your life?
- Do you rule with your head or your heart?
- Favourite place?
- Are you currently writing a book?
I would like to thank Ur of ‘Musings of Ur’ – for nominating me for the Very inspiring blog award. You definitely deserved this award Ur. I love your blog. Lots of musings, lovely writings, paintings etc. to browse. 🙂 https://musingsofur.wordpress.com/2013/05/18/my-favorite-painting-and-an-award/
Seven things about me:-
1. I live by the sea but haven’t been swimming in the sea yet this year LOL
2. I hate housework
3. I can’t live without a spell check on my laptop :O
4. I am a cat person not a cat woman – although that would be cool – think I’d look a bit odd in a black leather cat suit though!
5. I love looking at the stars for hours on a Summer’s night
6. My daughter’s think I’m a UFO freak because I watch too many UFO vids on You tube
7. I like to tap dance in my kitchen when I’m alone! 😀
Oh my goodness – finding 15 bloggers to nominate?! What the? OK – this was tough! I really wanted to nominate people who I think have very inspiring aspects of their blogs – so ALL these blogers are awesome and deserve to be checked out:-
My nominations are:-
- Quillan and Angela at Toemail – http://toemail.wordpress.com/2013/05/19/meskine-cameroon/
- Paul at poesy plus polemics – http://poesypluspolemics.com/2013/05/
- Alexey Markovitch at Bright moments catcher – http://markovicharts.com/
- Andra Watkins at The Accidental Cootchie Mamahttp://andrawatkins.com/about-andra-watkins/
- Opinionated Man at Harsh Reality – http://aopinionatedman.com/about/
- The Mad Hatter at Death Ray Wish – http://deathraywish.wordpress.com/
- Aleksejs at Love. Life. – http://skillcode.wordpress.com/
- T.B.M. at 50 Year Project – http://50yearproject.wordpress.com/
- All about le mon at All around, In, And Out Of My Own Universe – http://allaboutlemon.com/about/
- Hearts Ignited – http://heartsingnited.wordpress.com/
- Novice Dad at the Novice Dad’s Diary – http://thenovicedadsdiary.com/2013/05/10/and-so-it-begins/#comment-143
- Sanoj Jose at Where the Angels Meet to Post Messages – http://joseasanoj.wordpress.com/2013/05/ and Music of the Soul – http://poemsoffiction.wordpress.com/about/
- Maggie at Brainstorms: How Epilepsy and Writing connect – http://maggiemendus.wordpress.com/about/
- Tonia at Sharing My World, My Journey – http://bubblesfrommyday.wordpress.com/2013/05/15/to-my-wall/
- Sarah Monagle at Pondering it All – http://sarahmonagle.wordpress.com/2013/05/