This is a follow up to my dream posting of December 20th
There is so much symbolism in these few dreams that I wasn’t sure where to start, so I thought the best thing to do was to break the dreams down and list all the symbols I could see, then try and find the linking themes. It appeared there were in fact 4 separate dreams here not 3 so I have listed the symbols under 4 dream headings below.
Dream 1 – The Supermarket Dream
- Supermarket/hypermarket – shopping for something needed – new ideas? Attitudes? (large building) – my own inner resources – huge potential to tap my inner wealth of talents and abilities.
- Windows/Glass (lots of it) – window to the other side??? – dreams, consciousness, expanded vision, perception, interdimensional awareness – window between realities of the worlds of awake/asleep and everything in-between.
- DIY/Home Improvements – self-explanatory (I need lots of work, I’m falling apart LOL) – need to repair those parts of myself that are wearing away due to lack of use – like Doctor Who (I need to rejenerate and become a new person LOL) – I need to make use of the New Year to work on my personal development.
- My daughters – feminine aspects of myself? Passive ideas? Need to be more assertive? Relationships with or traits of my daughters? Alice (Adventurous) Shannon (Creative)
- Bathrooms/lots of baths – purifying and letting go – cleansing negative and old ideas and difficult times – time to relax and self-indulge (rejenerate again LOL)
- Expensive materials – marble/gold etc. – basically treasure! – a wealth of talents, abilities, creative powers within not yet realised – gold, inner light, god-force (creativity and love), wealth of happiness and positives abundant in life, gifts – mixed with the bath (a good positive way to look at being cleansed and using those gifts and positives in the future)
- Exotic fountain type taps/mermaid – water symbolism (emotions?) – fountain of youth? i.e. rejeneration again – new life – spiritual uplifting, healing, positive powers of creativeness. Mermaid? Part fish? Unconscious thoughts that aren’t quite surfacing – need meditation to bring understanding or spiritual truths. Emotions partly under water – people in therapy often dream of mermaids as they get closer to understanding issues about themselves.
- Light bulb – ideas? Light – truth, understanding, spiritual awareness, imagination. The danger of the water (my emotions) blowing up and putting out the light!!??…
- Dangerous situation/avoiding being blown up being out of control or not using ideas and gifts.
- Wanting to punish the children/smacking/anger – loss of control? Feeling out of control? Punishing myself? Feeling vulnerable?
- Bedrooms/bed inside the drawer of another bed – bridge between the conscious and unconscious, life experiences – making my bed means willingness to create a new life for myself – drawers are hidden resources so the bed within the drawer of another bed could be the possibilities of multi-layered life experiences for me – I am hiding my life experiences away I need to bring them out of the drawer and enjoy them!! Yeah! This is true – I need to get out more and experience life.
- 2 lamps/ 2 beds – shining light on a situation – my life – (two) – balance – need to find balance in my life and deal with the issues!
- Handsome Italian man/feeling insulted by his (childcare) comments – apologising to him – making the bed – (need to make my bed??? Relationship with ex – divorce?) – maybe a handsome Italian stranger is going to come into my life?! LOL That would be nice! Maybe I focus too much on the children and need to give thought to my own relationship building. This is a foreign thing to me – I find it hard to build relationships and relate to others in daily life. Making the bed with an Italian man could just mean I need to meet new people that I feel attracted to, not necessarily sexually attracted but just people that I am drawn to maybe?!
Dream 2 – The White House Dream
- White House (large building again) – same symbolism as large supermarket, many rooms – myself and many aspects of myself. ‘The White House’ – huge potential to have power over myself must not get rundown, need to build myself up AND work on my relationships with my sisters. (see below)
- Relationships – sister and her ex-husband – relationship building with my sister – yes well that’s true I do need to build new relationships with both my sisters for different reasons. Ex part could be because I have just started to see my eldest sister after many years.
- Rundown house (DIY symbol again) – cheap house with potential needing lots of work – musn’t cheapen myself I have huge potential and must (Do it myself) LOL
- Large/white/clean/lots of glass windows (again) – see glass above but also living in a house of glass could also mean anxieties of being seen i.e. vulnerable to attack from outside but also transparent – I suppose I am pretty transparent to others!! Don’t hide much of myself BUT I do hide physically away – The windows are large looking out into countryside, it felt comfortable, relaxing, like a heavenly landscape. I think it means that my dream life and waking day to day life are connected. I have a vast inner landscape that I (live in.) but need to get out in the real world too. Spiritually aware!
- Furniture – beliefs, ideas, attitudes, self-expression. New furniture, white (spiritual ideas?) – new ideas, beliefs, attitudes etc. Not much furniture but…
- Lots of toys (play? Innocence? Vulnerability?) – also lots of ideas to play with – too many LOL…
- DE cluttering/organising/boxes of organised toys – need to sort my life out??! LOL lots of ideas to play with need to organise my thoughts?? Use my childcare knowledge/children’s stories???
- Shed/out-house of toys – storage of old ideas and beliefs – possibly to be used in the future – storing or hording means standing still, not going anywhere – I need to look at what beliefs and attitudes in my life need re-evaluating and cleaning out – need to grow up a bit and take charge of my life!?…
- Mostly toys in childrens’ bedrooms – unconscious cluttering of thoughts – need to meditate and de-clutter my mind of (anxieties and fears that are leaving me vulnerable and emotional and stunting my growth)
- Lovely large open rooms with lots of windows – positive open attitude to my new life and potential for freedom in my life with a positive spiritual outlook.
- Public library (seem to remember a kids’ library in there too) – work on kids’ books??? (inside house but separate) – lots of knowledge (everything you could want to know – a bit like the internet??!) – probably getting lost with my thoughts and the internet LOL but lots of potential there to use the knowledge. Ability to learn and study for development. Curiosity and searching/questioning/research (yes I do lots of that) – Also akin to akashik records – inner knowledge to be tapped.
- Sister giving birth (in the shower- bathrooms and water like the fountain in the supermarket again) – birth – new life, new direction – rag doll – need for nurturing (I need a cuddle L), emotional healing…
- Rag doll baby (another toy – childcare imagery again??) Relationship with my kids – more cuddles.
- Feelings of disgust at birth of ragdoll? – Don’t love myself!?
- Bath/shower (bath and bathroom image again) – shower represents clean running water that is constantly being renewed – new life again, cleansing, mixed with the new life of the birthing symbol
Dream 3 – Plane Crash Dream
- House in a cul-de-sac (nice comfortable neighbourhood) – houses well cared for (expensive looking – like expensive materials in supermarket dream?)
- Field/countryside – growth, creativity, relaxation – getting back in tune with nature?! – getting out again
- Plane/car (vehicle for self-expression and daily interactions through life)…
- Crashing (out of control) – crashed (disaster) – not being in control of my own vehicle through life – not grounded
- Pilot (higher self – guidance – God – guiding my journey through life – plane is a spiritual vehicle, linked to daily life as half car) giving me…
- business card / leaflet…
- Flowers/florist (reference to my sister again as she was a florist with her own business) – a message to get on with the business of living – to get out into the world and get in touch with nature and people – for growth – need to plant a garden (flowers are the people in my garden)
- Glass vase and glass roses (glass again) and (flowers) – the glass vase is a means for growth to display my inner beauty – the rose is a spiritual gift of love – a message from the spirit, the unconscious, God??!! Gifts are to be shared – ❤ especially this one ❤
- Exposed bedrooms after crash (bedrooms again) – exposed – open – not hiding who I am, especially my relationship with dreams, the unconscious and spiritual realms – letting others see me for who I am
- Feelings of relief and guilt – relief that I can be who I am, having the freedom to express myself but guilt at this self-indulgence maybe?!
- My house not damaged but rundown (my life??)
Dream 4 – Nursery Garden
- Cute little black baby boy called ‘Alex’ (like the opposite of my youngest daughter ‘Alice’??) – that vulnerable hidden part of myself again that needs nurturing – male aspects need to grow, need to be strong and assertive in my daily life, think rationally and practically about things
- Nursery (big childcare reference again) – nurturing again, transitions and new growth same symbol as the garden as nursery can be a garden symbol too…
- Garden – fruits of my labor, growing and learning, also need for growth and nurturing again and getting out – gardens need watering and tending so I need to keep on top of my health and well-being
- Brick wall and niche containing fruit
- Fruit (different varieties of berries and apples)– more than enough for everyone…
- Baby enjoying the juicy fruit…
- My happiness for my child/contentment – also fruits of my labor and fruits of the spirit – need to share the fruit around (there is more than enough for everyone)
- Exploration/freedom/learning/self-expression/innocence (self-explanatory)
- Ex-husband turns up in car to pick us up – relationship?? Who am I letting drive my vehicle in life – musn’t give away my power over my own journey!!
- Car/bus (vehicle again) – not in control of my own vehicle again but huge potential of bus…
- Nursery Nurses and conversation about not getting cars back – (my own concern about not getting control of my life back – childcare issue again (my work as a Nursery Nurse in the past??) – working with children or my relationship with my children or both??!! Also taking care of myself and getting my health under control
- Husband in control??! Leaving me…
- Feelings of abandonment on the street corner (to fend for myself??) (loss of control in my life again)…
- Lost baby – same type of symbol again – lost/abandoned/vulnerable/not being taken care of
- Husband’s colleague with message…
- (Boss) lost the plot/talking rubbish about consciousness/dimensions and my acknowledgement that I’m OK with that subject matter – (others’ perceptions of me?? But I am my own boss – so self-critical thoughts) coming to terms with my own belief systems and ideas
- Restaurant (large building again) – need lots of sustenance and nurturing and fellowship – there was no food in the restaurant only the medical stuff so I need to take care of my health
- Males (men and boys)… same symbolism as the baby boy – masculine traits in me need building up, also the intimidation I feel at being surrounded by authority, suits, the boss etc.
- Green suits all the same – the male aspects above are clothed in green so I need to concentrate on the growth of those aspects in me – being strong, assertive, practical, having authority over myself and not being intimidated by those traits in others – surround myself in my own creativity
- Lost child again (in public)?? medical room, asthma pumps and hiding in a corner… (my agrophobia, depression and anxieties?)…
- Husband hiding medical stuff – (trying to ignore my health issues??)
- Feelings of grief and guilt (again)
- Finding child – soaking wet – (water and emotions and vulnerability again)…
- Questioning thoughts about my husband abandoning my son – (abandonment issues again – oh dear!)…
- Comforting my baby (self-soothing – taking care of myself, knowing I am feeling vulnerable, nobody to take care of me except myself – need to get on with it!!)
- Boss letting staff go and husband tearing up cheque – I need to take charge of my own life – tearing up the cheque is a symbol of feeling like I am not being appreciated – not getting enough rewards for my own efforts from others
So there you are; as you can see from the repetative symbolism in these dreams, if you record your dreams over several nights or weeks and then look at the repeating symbols you will soon see a pattern emerging. These repeating symbols can help you focus on any problems that arise – well hopefully! At the very least you will become more aware of problem areas in your life or hopefully if things are going well – you will see lots of repeating positive symbolism. I have a mixture of both at the moment.
You may have found that you recognise some of the dream symbols or imagery in my dreams from your own dreams. Perhaps you will be able to make a dream dictionary of the symbols that occur in your dreams and use them to help you become more aware of how these symbols work for you in your own subconscious world. Like any symbolism though, different symbols and dream images can mean different things to different people, so you need to learn your own dream language and how it relates to you – dreams are relative to the person dreaming them but seeing how others dream may help you decode your own symbols. I have also found that it can be very enlightening when others give their interpretation of your dreams, as they may see your life from a different perspective again.